Creating the images
Each background image requires two PNG files:
- Full size image—Version that appears on the on the phone.
- Thumbnail image—Version that appears on the Background Images screen from which users can select an image. It must be 2 5% of "he size of the full size image.
The List.xml file defines an XML object that contains a list of background images. The
List.xml file is case sensitive and stored in the same TFTP directory as the images it is
listing on the TFTP server.
<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-velara.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/velara.png"/>
Making the File Available
Once you have the image files and the List.xml file, you need to upload the files to the TFTP
directory specified in the above table in each TFTP server manually.
Once you upload everything, you will need to restart the TFTP service so that the files are
uploaded for the IP phones.
- Download and Edit the List.xml file for the right format, e.g.:
(from windows CMD) tftp 10.179.168.15 get Desktops/320x216x16/List.xml
Transfer successful: 474 bytes in 1 second, 474 bytes/s
- Log in OS Administration
- Go to Software Upgrades\TFTP File Management
- Click Upload File and re-upload the List.xml file
- Click Upload File and upload the Picture Files
- Log on to Serviceability page to restart TFTP service.